I'm going to just let that sink in a bit.
For Recipe Redux we were instructed to make a nut recipe. I thought about writing this as "Buy jar of Trader Joe's Valencia Peanut Butter. Insert spoon. Enjoy."
But I decided that'd be rude. So I grabbed what was in my CSA and turned fresh spring/summer rolls into fresh fall rolls. Because peanut is amazing sweet AND savory.
Fresh Fall Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Vietnamese Rice Paper Wraps
- Vermicelli noodles, cooked
- Beets, cut into matchsticks
- Carrots, cut into match sticks
- Red cabbage, cut into strips
- Tofu, drained, pressed and cut into matchsticks
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (no salt, no sugar, no oil. just peanuts)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (the refrigerated not canned variety)
- 1 T soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 in. fresh ginger, minced
- Sriracha and chili oil to taste
- Mix peanut butter and coconut milk together. If it's not mixing well, microwave for 30 seconds to soften peanut butter. Add in all other ingredients, mix well and adjust as necessary.
- To assemble rolls, soak a rice paper wrap in warm water until flexible.
- Lay wrap on plate and place desired ingredients in the middle on the circle.
4. Gently fold the top and bottom ends in, and then wrap it from the right to left side (like a burrito).
5. Repeat for as many fresh rolls as you'd like to make
6. Dip in peanut sauce and enjoy!Grab your friends and enjoy!