I found this in Fitness Magazine a while ago and felt like sharing!:
- They contain a quarter of all the bones in your body.
- They log, on average, 1,000 miles a year.
- They absorb one-and-half times your body weight with each step.
- And they get zero respect.
So what how can you help them out?? Well, besides my suggestions for HAPPY FEET, here's a fun little exercise Fitness Mag recommends:
2-Minute Foot Fix
These quick moves from Crunch Fitness's Stiletto Strength class will improve your balance, strengthen your arches, ankles, and calves, and make tromping around town infinitely more bearable.
Plie and Releve combo
- Stand facing the back of a chair, with your feet hip-width apart and your toes turned out; rest your hands on the top of the chair for balance. Slowly bend your knees and lower into a plie; pause, then return to the starting position. Do 10 times.
- With your feet still wide and toes turned out, lift up onto your toes, keeping your legs straight; pause; then lower. Do 10 times.
- Finally, combine the two exercises: From your starting position, lift onto your toes, then bend your knees and lower into a plie (keeping your heels lifted); pause; straighten your legs and stand up, then lower your heels back to the floor. Do 10 times. Do three sets of each of these exercises at least three days a week.
Now do the Happy Feet Dance!!
Enjoy your day off (hopefully!!)