Living far from Boston, it just doesn't make sense to make the journey home for 3 days, so every year I am adopted by a friend and get to experience different Thanksgiving traditions-its quite fun! This year I'll be relaxing in CT and NYC which I am quite excited about!
In preparation for the holiday here are some of my favorite holiday-appropriate posts!!
- The Most Epic Thanksgiving Post-EVER. Anything you could ever need-in a link off this post: The only Turkey Day Post You Will Ever Need From Cheap Healthy Good
- Excellent compilation of Vegan/Allergen-Free Thanksgiving recipes From Ricki of Diet, Dessert Dogs,
- Fast, easy recipes to make ahead of time: Mark Bittman Pulls Through again.
- Handling the Holidays by the lovely Gina of Choosing Raw-excellent tips for how to gracefully deal with relatives who may be very opinionated about your diet/lifestyle.
- Yes, It is possible to be Vegan at Thanksgiving, and enjoy yourself!!!! pshhh! Veg News has some great suggestions for ways to keep your Thanksgiving Delicious, sans Turkey!
- Give Thanks, and then Give to those who might not have as bountiful a day- Help the Hungry
- If you're in Boston checkout BuyWithMe's Latest Deal!! $25 for a month of Unlimited Pilates and Yoga at Boston Pilates! Perfect for staying in shape over the holiday season
- Most gyms and yoga studios have great classes around Thanksgiving-check out a studio near you. Or sign up for a fun Turkey Trot! Or power walk while shopping on Black Friday!