- You're Beautiful! I just watched America the Beautiful and highly recommend it!! An excellent documentary exposing how obsessed america is with beauty, encompassing a whole range of issues-from modeling, self-esteem, advertising, eating disorders, and plastic surgery. You can get it from Netflix as well!!
- What is your food environment? the USDA just launched a brand-new atlas that breaks down your region and what is eaten. How many lbs of fruits and veggies or soda do you and your neighbors down each year? How does that compare to the rest of the country? I find this application fascinating!
- SLOW DOWN A newly released study confirms that eating slowly increases satisfaction, and satiety, while decreasing caloric intake. The NYTimes also reported on this story, referencing even more scientific studies. This is something I personally need to work on!
- Refuel! Worried that you're not eating right for your exercise level? No Meat Athlete has some excellent refueling tips!
- Olympics Love: Just another reason to love Bode Miller- he's an organic farmer!
- Go Fast: I'm getting amped about starting a new marathon training plan, at a higher level (so what if it doesn't start for 4 more months??) For any beginning maratoners out there, two things I recommend- Read Born To Run and check out Hal Higdon's Plans!
"Running should be a lifelong activity. Approach it patiently and intelligently, and it will reward you for a long, long time. " -Michael SargentEnjoy Your Weekend!