This past week was also lovely, wonderful, and inspiring. I may not have gotten much (any) sleep, but it was all well worth it!!
Wednesday was a CitySearch Dictator event sponsored by the lovely Christine Lui at Sassoon Salon. We got glamtastic, and were treated to consultations, blowouts, Aquavit Cocktails and City Table Appetizers.
image credit: Christine Liu, CitysearchI opted not to have them flat iron my hair, because with 80%+ humidity, straight hair doesn't stand a chance in my world!!
After fighting away thunderstorms working at the Farmers Market, I did a quick change in the Marriot lobby restroom and headed to the MDA Socials For Success at Alibi Lounge. It was fun talking with new RDs about the myriad of jobs they are currently holding! Everything from bariatric surgery in major hospitals, to working with eating disorder outpatients, and sourcing bananas for Equal Exchange. Very inspiring!!
Then I hopped over to the other side of the River for Cocktails with some serious Mixologist friends! The men of Observational Gastrophysics and TedxCambridge whipped out their shakers, and utilized Kevin's well-stocked liquor closet.
All Work, All Play: I worked all weekend, celebrated 2 birthdays, started to plan the 2010-2011 MSDA agenda, and officially decided that Monday nights are my favorite night to go out. I can't tell you how many cocktails i drank, and how little sleep i got-it was epic though, and well-worth it.
There's no place like home: I'm about hop on a plane and head back home. I'm really REALLY excited to see my family and friends, and show Priyanka a bit of wild wyoming.
Plus, And there is a new member of my family I am just DYING to meet!!
Meet Gypsy-the puppy my sister rescued from the pound. She sounds adorable and I can't wait to see her!
i hope to be posting regularly, but who knows where this life will take me! In the meantime, check out these!
- High School Students take Charge of their Health and Campaign for Healthier Food in School! What a great initiative! Check out their website!
- Gorgeous "minimalist home cooking" blog Stone Soup published a FREE e-book-loving it!! Get yours here
- Check out this recap of the Fork to Table Panel we hosted with Slow Food Boston and Fresh! the Movie at BU!
- My CSA has been great so far, with LOTS of leafy greens! I'm always looking for new ways to spice up my vegetables, and I just loved this list from Cheap, Healthy Leafy Greens: 246 Recipes for Cabbage, Kale, Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Beyond!
- Sleek Cocktails under 200 calories from Vital Juice-light summery cocktails you don't have to regret too much!
- Jess Made brown rice sushi this week too! check out her post here!