- Leave a comment about whether you have tried Svelte, your thoughts, and what flavor you would like to try.
- Tweet "@ElizabethEats is giving away cases of @CalNaturale 's Svelte #vegan protein drink! Check it out " Don't forget to leave a comment back on this post letting me know you tweeted!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
-I miss the opportunity to go to Anti-Gravity Yoga at Crunch Gym (an amazing experience-thank you for the Guest Pass Janet!)
-I miss running on the beach with my sister, brother-in-law, and the cutest nieces in the world
-I miss playing bumper cars on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk
-I miss 65 degree, sunny, January
-Local, Fresh foods
- Finding out about awesome places like Mission St Food which gives $.75/entree to SF foodbank - 20k raised to date!
butttttt I am leaving Saturday for the Oldways Past Traditions Whole Grains Conference in Portland OR with Janel Ovrut, Corinne Dobbas, and Alison Clancy I am so excited to talk about just whole grains for a week, tour Bob's Red Mill, and see my friends Mei Ratz and Aaron Brown
It's time to jump back on that jet plane!
Get excited because I have the biggest giveaway in DWSCI's history coming on Monday-just in time for my blog-iversary! You're not going to want to miss this one! I know, a whole weekend of anticipation-muahahahha!
Monday, January 24, 2011
The menu presented a wide array of vegan and vegetarian options. I got the “Signiture Plant Burger” a blend of beets, lentils, mushrooms, cashews, and bulgur wheat on whole wheat breadwith sauerkraut and wasabi, as well as homemade ketchup and raspberry aioli-splendid.
I also ordered a raw juice since Boston is seriously lacking in that department. The Spicy Red gave the fiery kick of ginger, with the sweet sugars of beets and apple.
The meal was so filling and satisfying, I would love to go back right now!
I was joined for lunch my the mother of my dear friend Oakley Boycott-Diane Corsick. She is an inspiring force and newly re-located to the bay area-somewhere I think she can truly flourish. Our conversation revolved on her recent adventures to Bhutan, where I was heading with my life, and reminisces about growing up in Lander, WY.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Serendipitously right before I had to catch my red-eye back to Boston from San Francisco my dear friend Corinne Dobbas, RD was scheduled to moderate a panel of Foodbuzz food bloggers in an event at the San Francisco Public Library. After meeting Corinne’s mother and Swiss Grandmama in the lobby, we headed into the auditorium to listen to what these bloggers had to say about the SF Food scene. Joining Corinne was Iso Rabins (@forageSF) Sabrina Modelle (@thetomatotart) and Alder Yarrow (@vinography)
Alder Yarrow of www.vinography.com says that “Life is too short to drink bad wine” and “small is beautiful” His wine blog features small producers of wine
Sabrina Modelle is a relatively new food blogger at The Tomato Tart, and as a first generation French-American she has a rich food history. She believes the food is truly social and loves to try new foods, and ask other people (often strangers in restaurants) about what they are eating. She had some amusingly rich stories about the wonderful encounters that have occurred this way.
All four panelists reflected on the fact that the west coast is blessed with people who are willing to try new things. There is lots of available fresh fruit and vegetables year-round. People’s palates are relatively sophisticated and since most know what they are talking about, there are many opportunities for niches to pop up.
Other random tips from the conversation: I am DYING to try Sudachi-a Japanese lime that apparently taste nothing like a lime, instead has hints of white pepper and chili.
Alder said the best places to get inexpensive wine, that are actually decent, are TJ and Cost Plus
Thank you Foodbuzz and the fantastic panel for putting on this event!
The SF Public Library has a exhibition on display now called San Francisco Eats, and is also hosting several other food-related events in the upcoming events. If you are in the area I highly recommend you check them out!
Monday, January 17, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
- I am honored to receive the Nourishing the Soul's award to "Best Body Image Blogger" with Stephanie Horton for Guiltless
Check out all the other amazing winners and runners-up! I am so proud to be considered part of this team that is created a body image revolution of self-love!
- Bars Bars Bars- Two new bars have hit the market (and Boston whole foods) and I'm a bit obsessed with them. First: Chocolate Covered Coconut Lunabar Tastes just like a Girl Scout Samoa. holy yum, but with 9 g of protein, 3 g of fiber and added vitamin and minerals-something the girl scouts are lacking...
- Cheap, Healthy, Good: Check out this list of healthy foods for under 1 dollar here
- Looking for a healthy glow? Veggies are the secret to pretty skin
- Give Back for every nutrition bar you buy, Two degrees gives a nutrition pack to a child You can feel good about what you are putting in your body (raw, whole, few ingredients, and i'm sure delicious!) and feel good about what you are doing for the world-a true win-win
- You are flawless.Finally an ad campaign that gets what's really beautiful!
- It's Vegan Week! At the Kitchn and they are dishing up some delicious recipes and great articles!
- Let's Talk about Food Museum of Science in Boston is offering a great, free, series of lectures, and movies about food. Check it out!
- A rose by any other name... Ellie88 has been great to me but now you can find me @ElizabethEats Same Account, just a different name to more reflect what the messages I convey!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Saturday, January 1, 2011
- Wanderlust with me and follow the adventures of Nomadic Matt and Adventurous Kate
- My faith in Boston is completely renewed with this fabulous list of Boston Bloggers. Hours spent checking them all out-I highly recommend you do the same!
- Why you should be guiltless. A great read, not that I'm biased or anything
- Best Blogs? I like Time's List of Best Blogs of 2010. But I don't think mashable, Perez or Fail Blog are overrated. And there are a lot I would like to add to the list (check out my blogfeed for some of my favorites!!)
- She blinded me with graphics: I'm obsessed with infographics, and love this one depicting what the average American Eats
- Reading is Sexy: I love this list from the Friedman School of Nutrition in Boston of what its Nutrition Savy student are reading right now: Check it out!
- Let's start this new year with a bang! I hope you are all having safe sex. and if you want to save the world while preventing pregnancy and STDs Check out Endangered Species Condoms (Wrap with Care-save a Polar Bear) and Sir Richards (1 for you and 1 for someone in a developing nation Make Love & Make Change)