Happy National Peanut Butter Day! Yes this is a real holiday and you best be celebrating. But set down that jar of Skippy. Grab a jar of unsweetened, organic peanut butter please. You'll feel better in the long run, I promise. And yes you can eat it out of the jar, or you can get a little creative. Here are some of my favorite uses:
- Throw PB in your stirfry
- Your oatmeal is so dull. Throw some PB in it!
- Stop! Smoothie Time. Put some nut butter in it!
- DIY Protein Bars... with Peanut Butter
- You know you love kale chips...but you ever had spicy peanut butter kale chips?
- Straight up on an apple or banana. Sometimes simple is best
Oh let me count the ways that i love all forms of nut butter. peanuts, almonds, cashews, bring it on! Which is why, over the weekend i had to splurge on a jar of NUTTZO and indulge in the synergy of cashews, brazil nuts, almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and flax seeds! Way to pack a nutrition punch too-you're getting a multitude of benefits from varying up your nut source! Still not sold, part of the proceeds go to fund orphanages around the world-badass!
And of course I'd love to share the love. Winning 1 jar of original nuttzo is easy:
- Leave a comment below on your favorite way to eat nut butter for 1 entry
- Tweet: "Happy National PB Day! @ElizabethEats is giving away 1 jar of @nuttzoceo ! Enter here: http://ow.ly/h5vYh "
- I'll pick a winner on January 31st, 2013
- Contest open only to US and Canada residents (sorry...)
Enter away! And since we're all winners, there is a special promotion for TODAY ONLY. 50% off Original NuttZo – the BLUE LABEL. Promo code is: peanutbutterday (all lower case).
Full disclosure: I paid for NUTTZO with my own cash money. Only after I expressed my love for the brand, did they send me 1 jar, along with the jar that the winner receive. More questions? email away! Cool?