Plain and simple.
I mean really-who doesn't want less stress??
Your Stress Less To-Do List:
- Cut out any foods that you may have a senstivity or allergy too
- Boost up your fruits, veggies, whole grains and healthy fats-these nutrient-dense superfoods will help to fit the negative effects of stress on your body
- Don't stress about calories, or obsess about your food. Food should energize and heal you-not bring you more stress!
- Make a list of things that destress you-long baths, massages, going for walks, working out, cooking, playing with an animal...go crazy with ideas! Aim to incorporate 1 stress-relieveing activity in your day.
- Is the constant checking of your email, text messages and voicemails causing you stress? Let your smartphone cut down some of your stress. I love these two apps for stress reduction: GPS for the Soul App and Daily affirmation
- Make a space a stress free zone. Maybe it's your car. Maybe it's a chair in your living room. Maybe it's your bedroom. Put things that relax you in this space and retreat there when neccesary.
I've always admired Brendan Brazier's focus on reducing stress through nutrition and lifestyle. Thrive Forward has fantastic tips for cutting out stress in your life. Check out his lesson on stress and find great tips, including this Yoga for Stress Release Flow by the amazing Sadie Nardini.
May your Monday be as stress-free as possible!