Coconut Quinoa Pilaf
- 16 oz unsweetened Vita Coco coconut water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa to get rid of those dang saponins
- Add coconut water, and then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat, throw a top on it, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut, almonds, and spices.
- Serve as a side to a stir fry. Or add a little molasses and have for breakfast.
I prefer it with my favorite condiments: kimchi, sriracha and wine.
Want some more coconut-y recipes? Check these out!Disclaimer: By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Vita Coco and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated with product or for my time.