Black soybean extra firm tofu is my favorite. Naturally rich in protein and antioxidants, TofuPlus is fortified with B vitamins (including B12), vitamin D, zinc and calcium. And it's organic and Non-GMO Project Verified (the only way I eat soy-but I'm not going to get into that soy or not debate now. Read my opinion here). Add that to the fridge next to day-old brown rice, and an easy weeknight meal is made.
Vegan Fried Rice
1 block extra-firm tofu (I used Nasoya Black soybean extra firm tofu )
2 cups brown rice (day old at least)
2 cups veggies (frozen, fresh, whatever you like)
1 tsp ginger (dried or fresh minced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
2 TBSP tamari (or soy sauce)
1 tsp maple syrup
Juice of 1 lemon
Sriracha (I recommend JoJo's)
Coconut or hot sesame oil
1. Press tofu and cube. Lightly fry in coconut oil.
2. Mix together garlic, ginger, tamari, maple syrup, lemon and sriracha (as hot as you want).
3. Add rice and veggies to saute pan with fried tofu.
4. Pour stir-fry sauce over all.
5. Cook for 5-10 minutes until everything is hot and rice starts to become crispy.
6. Enjoy! (more sriracha always an option)
And now the best part! I have 2 coupons for FREE Nasoya Tofu to giveaway. Here are the details:
- Giveaway open from 2/18 until 5pm 2/25/2014
- Open to all US residents
- 1 entry by leaving a comment on your favorite way to eat tofu
- 1 entry by following me on twitter (@ElizabethEats) and tweeting "Enter to win @Nasoya #TofuPlus http://ow.ly/tLlkR via @ElizabethEats #giveaway"