Want a naturally sweet holiday dessert? Reach for California Raisins. These tasty little dried grapes are not sweetened, plus there's fiber and iron in them too! If you'd rather skip the dessert route, they also make an-the-go snack that will never hurt your wallet--of all the delicious dried fruit out there, raisins are consistently the cheapest.
But you should really add them to your dessert. Preferably with rum...
Confession: I've never eaten rum raisin ice cream. But I'm pretty sure this is better. Chia seeds create this fantastic tapioca-like consistency but have WAYYYYYY more nutrition than any other dessert out there. Holler at me if you love Omega-3s and fiber! Add rum-soaked raisins and this boozy dessert is a sweet ending to your night:
Rum Raisin Chia Pudding
Makes 1 serving
- 2 oz spiced rum
- 1/4 cup California Raisins
- 1 cup almond coconut milk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Soak raisins in rum. Preferably for 24-48 hours.
- Combine non-dairy milk, chia seeds, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir well. Set in refrigerator to set for at least 1 hour.
- Top chia pudding with rum raisins. Enjoy!