What else do I love about white rice? Well, you can find delicious US-Grown White Rice (local-ish, heck yes!), it's super affordable (especially when bought in bulk), it's gluten-free, and the least allergenic of all grains. How do you know if a rice is grown here in the states? Look for this handy dandy label:
Matcha is so hot right now and I couldn't be happier. Love me the nutty green tea flavor, concentrated and oh-so-beautiful. Plus, with the addition of almond butter and toppings, this is a balanced breakfast. Forget about rice pudding just being for dessert! Think Rice for breakfast--why not??
Breakfast Matcha Rice Pudding: Vegan, Gluten-Free
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup US-Grown Arborio Rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp matcha powder
- Toasted almonds
- Sliced banana
- Toasted unsweetened coconut
2. Mix rice, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, and almond butter in a saucepan. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce to a simmer and stir every 5 minutes until coconut milk is fully absorbed. About 20 minutes.
4. While rice is simmering, mix 1 1/2 cup almond milk with matcha green tea and whisk until fully incorporated.
5. Once coconut milk is fully absorbed, mix in matcha almond milk, 1/2 cup at a time. Wait until milk is fully absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup. Cook until all matcha almond milk is incorporated.
6. Rice should be soft, and a pudding consistency.
7. Pour into bowls, and serve topped with almonds, banana, and coconut.
8. Good morning!
RawSpiceBar giveaway is AnneinVan who posted this lovely picture of her oh-so-organized spice cabinet!